Wednesday, January 26, 2011

draw it in color

I'll find my way again I guess
I never thought that I could make such a mess
I got this feeling that it's gonna be alright
And I'll begin again tonight

Draw me a picture
'Cause I wanna see my life
Through someone else's eyes

-Draw my Life, Fauxliage


It is snowing like crazy outside. We are supposed to get 4-8 inches by tomorrow. It is nice that I don't have to go to work or brave the weather. It also means I am stuck in the house with my whole family. Good news is that I weighed myself this morning and I am down another pound. I had an orange to celebrate because I woke up so hungry. I always find that if I have a bigger dinner than normal I wake up hungry. If I don't eat much the night before, I am fine in the morning. Isn't that weird? I am going to try for an hour on the treadmill before lunch. I won't be able to avoid the meal all together so I am thinking soup is a good option.


Last night my mom was in a crazy mood. I went to Applebee's with her and little sis. I had the new Steak and Potato Salad off the Weight Watchers Menu and it was only 380 calories! I am not sure if that includes the dressing or not, but either way that was all I ate all day so it wasn't bad at all. Halfway through the meal my mom started questioning my little sister about what she has accomplished during her winter break. Now, she hasn't done much, but even if she had, my mom wouldn't be satisfied. No matter what we do, it is never enough for my mom. I always use the example of being in like 7th grade and coming home with a 93 on a test and my mom saying "Why isn't it a 95?" My sisters and I do so much to make her proud and we always end up hearing things like "What did I do to deserve this?" "I gave up everything for you and I get nothing back" etc., etc., etc. So she started yelling in Applebee's, continued for the whole car ride home, and then for like an hour at home. It was awful. I felt really bad because the whole time she was yelling, I just was grateful that it wasn't at me for once. I am normally the target for my mother's crazy moods and it was nice to just to be under the radar...


I am thinking about starting the Skinny Girl Diet (here) or the ABC diet (here). I have never done the Skinny Girl Diet before, but it seems like a lot of calories. I have been doing pretty good staying under 500 calories a day so I don't know if doing that diet is taking a step backwards. I have done the ABC diet before, but when I wasn't living at home and could totally control the amount of food I ate. Now, some days I have to eat a full dinner because I have no choice. What if that is on a fast or 100 calorie day? I don't want to set myself up for failure. I have been in such a positive mood and I don't want that to change. Hmmm. I will think about it. Maybe start something Monday. :)


Stay Strong and Skinny,
xoxo
Nicole

P.S. Some more snow Cons: I won't be able to see Bear tonight. And I can't get warm. I am so cold that my finger nails are blue. Pro: It looks beautiful outside. xx

1 comment:

  1. Im really sorry to hear about your Mom! That sounds super frustrating that she doesnt ever seem to be satisfied.

    ReplyDelete